16.12.06

Return to Childhood...Sort of

#6. Various Artists - Various Songs - Various Languages
genre: music videos/cartoons
price: free, available on YouTube

So not only have I spent a lot of time today doing this, but also a LOT of time over the past few days! Be wary, if you begin you will not be able to stop. A few generous souls have uploaded Disney (and other animated) clips onto YouTube translated into various languages. Pretty much all you have to do is search for the song title and the language you want to hear it in and you can find it! Some highlights:

"Belle (Reprise)" from Beauty and the Beast in German
"Something There" from Beauty and the Beast in Cantonese
"Just Around the Riverbend" from Pocahontas in French Canadian, Japanese, and English
"Colors of the Wind" from Pocahontas in French and MULTI-LANGUAGE!!
"I'll Make a Man out of You" from Mulan in French
"Part of Your World (Reprise)" from The Little Mermaid in Bulgarian, English, and Dutch
"Part of Your World" from The Little Mermaid in Icelandic and German

OK go forth and let me know your favorites! Don't forget Anastasia, Thumbelina, The Lion King, etc. By the way, I admit a bias toward English, French, German, and Japanese (in that order) because I speak them (in that order).

Oh and just for fun, throw in "Beauty and the Beast" by Jump 5. And please don't hate me: I freely admit I am a teeniebopper at heart.

No comments: