14.12.06

Hey babies. Quick update: I won't be posting my Top Model: British Invasion recap for a day or two because I was driving home for the holidays while it was playing. I had no fear, for I knew of the CW's luscious repeat schedule, and I do believe that my trusty DVR is taking care of it for me tonight, so no worries!

Today I'm in a music mood so I'll give you a couple mini-tasks to put you in good spirits

#5. Daughtry - "It's Not Over"
genre: rock music video
price: free, available on http://music.aol.com/artist/daughtry/815153/video (scroll down to
find the sessions @ aol video)

So even though I think Chris Daughtry's a hottie, I was skeptical about his Creed meets Nickelback singing style. But this song makes me happy. It's a sentiment I can empathize with and it gives motivation to something that I think is important in interpersonal relationships. And Chris is still a hottie! I liked the version they played on Ellen (yes, bitches, I watch Ellen) better, but I have no motivation to search for it on YouTube. If you are bored enough, be my guest.

#6. Ciara - "Promise"
genre: r&b music video
price: free, available on http://music.aol.com/artist/ciara/662408/video (scroll down to find
the video, not the live session)

The first time I watched this video, I thought it was really boring. Yeah, it's reminiscent of Janet Jackson and even Prince, two of my favorite artists, but I kept thinking, 'She could explore these hooks more.' But now I'm glad that she didn't - partly because it's been done before, and partly because it leaves me wanting more. Especially when she says, "'Cause ba-BY... ." It's gorgeous. So enjoy, and let me know what you think!

No comments: