23.12.06

Finally: Britain's Next Top Model, Season 1 Recap

I know I've been a bad little girl but I am FINALLY recapping BNTM season 1. :)

The models, in elimination order:

1. Marina: Too plain; cute for a normal girl but her face is too chubby to be a model. Looked like a cranky four-year-old in her elimination picture.
2. Claire: Pretty cute but GOD she needed a haircut! Her accent is so grating, also. I don't understand how it's possible to take a picture as bad as her elimination picture. She looked like she had a giant tumor on her side.
3. Shauna: Could rival Tyra's forehead. Not modelly at all, in my opinion. And her 'pear shape' - God, I probably weigh 50 pounds more than that girl and my ass doesn't even look like that! She never would have had the body to be a model anyway.
4. Anne: Beautiful! Needed a haircut but has an awesome face. She needed to get over the makeover. Her face is pretty enough to carry the short hair. I was glad to see that they addressed the melodrama from the start...Tyra. I was glad to see her go. Tashi said it best: that girl's a lunatic.
5. Hayley: Gorgeous but is already a little too old-looking. Also, she is too large and strangely-proportioned to be a model.
6. Marisa: Really good model look but it seems like that's not very important to her. It was definitely time for her to go. Why was she here if she had a chance before and blew it?
7. Stephanie: Kind of plain, but I like her eyes. However, her makeover was a great transformation. It actually made her look like a model! She started to get so gorgeous as the show went on. Her elimination photo wasn't perfect, but I think it could have been in a magazine. And I would rather have seen her in Milan than Tashi.
8. Naomi: Kind of reminded me of Marina. It looked like she had a Halloween wig on her head. Anyway, she may be a bitch, but she's gorgeous. Too bad that she was eliminated just because she's 5'7"! Pigford won at 5'6". And if they knew she was too short to begin with, why did they cast her?
9. Tashi: Sounds like a Spice Girl. Unique look but how she photographed turned me off. Her makeover weave needs a hell of a lot of care. In her frog prince picture, she looked exactly like the frog. She definitely should have gone instead of Stephanie. When she finally left, it was a breath of fresh air. She should have been gone a lot earlier.
10. Jenilee: Adorable voice but kind of plain looking. But her makeover was gorgeous! She definitely didn't blend into the background anymore. Why don't they do makeovers like that on ANTM? And I think she knows how to make a good impression; she's so cute! I was sooo upset that she didn't win.
11. Edwina: She's pretty but it seems like I've seen her face a million times. Also, I saw the episodes online, and this show doesn't even begin to break the ice as to how bitchy she was. I definitely don't think she deserved to be in the final three! Ugh!

Winner - Lucy: Cute but needs an insane image makeover. She wears weird-ass clothes. I think her personality was OK but I don't think she should have won. Le sigh.

Look forward for a season 2 recap!

No comments: